|Amman, 27 June 2022 – The third Edition of The Amman International Film Festival – Awal Film (AIFF), which will take place between 20 – 27 July 2022, continues its sustainable approach, branding itself as an environmentally friendly film festival for the second year. The Festival is taking concrete steps, by promoting environmental messages and practices.|
The Festival’s Director, Nada Doumani, said: “We aim to lead by example and to create a positive impact by inspiring the Jordanian and the regional filmmaking industries. The AIFF is the first film festival of this scale in the region which places environmental advocacy as one of its core values.”
Here are the Festival’s steps to ensure its compliance with sustainable cinema:
• In the framework of the “Amman Film Industry Days”, a day-long event named “Storytelling for Climate” is dedicated to developing films which are concerned with climate change. “Storytelling for Climate” is in cooperation with Beirut DC and Greener Screen.
• Offset the carbon footprint that might result from necessary actions, such as travelling and transportation, by giving a donation to the Arab Group for the Protection of Nature (APN) in order to plant trees in Jordan.
• The Festival curated a panel in partnership with Greener Screen during TED in Arabic Regional Event in Amman earlier this month about the importance of integration of Climate Fiction (Cli-Fi).
• Remove diesel generators as a main source of power at the Drive-in cinemas.
• Incentivise electric vehicles.
• Reduce the waste and printed material and upcycling the material used in branding and artwork.
• Use environmentally friendly packaging.
• Initiate #SustainableCinema as a branding tool to connect filmmakers concerned with climate change.
For further information about the Amman International Film Festival – Awal Film (AIFF), including all of our social media platforms and contact information please click here or visit our website, www.aiff.jo or call Rick W. Hindi at +962792222011.
|Partners of the Festival: Jordan Tourism Board (JTB), Royal Film Commission – Jordan, Abdali Investment and Development, Zain Jordan; Royal Jordanian, Qatar Foundation, Edgo Management Group, Ghiath & Nadia Sukhtian Foundation, TAJ Cinemas, Jordan Kuwait Bank, Arab Potash Company, Greater Amman Municipality.|
Partners of the Amman Film Industry Days: The Royal Film Commission – Jordan (RFC), ART, Hikmat Culture, The International Emerging Film Talent Association (IEFTA), MAD Solutions, Slate Film Services, Greener Screen, Malmo Arab Film Festival (MAFF), Luxor African Film Festival (LAFF), DOX BOX, Nation Production, SAE Institute Amman, Creative Media Solutions, Rum Pictures, SWISH Audio House, FilmLab Palestine, The Cell.
Media Partners: Roya Media Group; Radio Hala; Bliss 104.3; Pikasso Jordan; Mazaj FM; Radio Dahab; Jordan Radio & Television Corporation (JRTV); Al Mamlaka.
For further information about the Amman International Film Festival – Awal Film (AIFF), including all of our social media platforms and contact information please click here or visit our website, www.aiff.jo.
Amman International Film Festival – Awal Film aims to foster a creative buzz amongst filmmakers and film lovers of all kinds, by offering high-quality films and opportunities to cinema professionals. Whether you are a budding or an experienced filmmaker, an actor or a critic, an industry insider or an enthusiastic filmgoer, Amman International Film Festival – Awal Film welcomes you.