FATHALLAH TV, 10 YEARS AND A REVOLUTION LATERApril 19, 2021
HAIFA STREETApril 19, 2021
Synopsis: Gaza takes us to a unique place beyond the reach of television news reports to reveal a world rich with eloquent and resilient characters, offering us a cinematic and enriching portrait of a people attempting to lead meaningful lives against the rubble of perennial conflict.
First-time Co-Director’s Biography:Garry Keane studied Film at the London College of Communication and at the Irish National Film School. He worked as a director of photography in New York and London, before finally settling in Ireland, where he has been a documentary filmmaker for the last 25 years. In that time Garry has directed over 100 hours of TV documentaries for European and American broadcasters in over 20 countries worldwide.
First-time Co-Director’s Biography: Based in Beirut, Andrew McConnell has worked throughout the Middle East for the past 8 years. He is an award-winning photographer who has been covering world events for over 15 years. His work often focuses on themes of conflict and displacement and has appeared in many of the world’s top publications. “Gaza” is his first work as a filmmaker and follows on from his photographic projects in the besieged territory.
- DIRECTOR: Garry Keane & Andrew McConnell
- YEAR : 2019
- TIME: 93 minutes
- RATING: 15+
- COUNTRY: Ireland, Canada, Germanyr
- LANGUAGE: Arabic and English - subtitled in English
- DOP: Andrew McConnell
- EDITING: Mick Mahon
- PRODUCERS: Brendan J. Byrne, Garry Keane, Andrew McConnell & Paul Cadieux
- AWARDS: Pull Focus Award - Belfast Film Festival 2019; Human Rights & Social Justice Award - Disappear Here Film Festival 2019; Dublin Film Critics Award - Dublin International Film Festival 2019; Selected as the Irish Entry for the Best International Feature Film at the 92nd Academy Awards
- CATEGORY: International Feature Documentary
- DATE: 27-8-2020
- CATEGORY: International Section