Falling into the SummitAugust 18, 2021
HemingwhyAugust 18, 2021
Synopsis: Geisha L.O.V.E. is a day in the life of a graffiti artist and her robot protector and companion set in 2155. The action takes place within the span of 24 hours in Delphipolis, a futuristic city rocked by political upheaval and economic unrest. The World Union, a conglomerate of Europeans, Arabs, and Asians, established NADA to eradicate defiant street art through ruthless robots that do not hesitate to execute graffiti artists on the spot. Geisha L.O.V.E. is a renegade graffiti artist in a dystopian world, where graffiti has become the only way to spread the word, and reclaim the city.
Director’s Biography: Mike V. Derderian is a writer, illustrator, t-shirt designer, and comic and graffiti artist. When he is not drawing comics or graffiti, he is a newsreader and DJ at Bliss 104.3. A former journalist, Derderian decided to pursue drawing comics and graffiti by founding his own studio, F.A.D.A. 317. He launched Fanzeen three years ago, a comics collective with comic artists from Jordan and abroad. He also has a comic strip called The Darker Side of the Spoon. “Geisha L.O.V.E.” is inspired by Derderian’s own work in the local graffiti scene in the streets of Amman under the penname Sardine.
- DIRECTORS: Mike V. Derderian
- GENRE: Animation
- YEAR : 2021
- TIME: 9 minutes
- RATING: General Audience
- COUNTRY: Jordan
- LANGUAGE: Arabic – subtitled in English
- SCREENPLAY: Mike V. Derderian
- VOICE CAST: Rania Kurdi, Hala Odeh, Sally Sweidan, Tamer Qarrain
- CINEMATOGRAPHY: Mike V. Derderian, Tamer Qarrain
- EDITING: Mike V. Derderian, Tamer Qarrain
- PRODUCERS: Nadine Toukan, Tamer Qarrain, Zaidoun Karadsheh, Mike V. Derderian, The Royal Film Commission (RFC) through the Jordan Film Fund (JFF).
- CATEGORY: World Premiere
- CATEGORY: Arab Short Films